Partnering with PUR Projet, Les Hameaux Bio (cooperative of 4 stores in Loire-Atlantique, part of the Biocoop organic food distribution network) committed to reduce bread packaging by offering a reusable organic cotton bag at cash-desk.
For Les Hameaux Bio, the integration of trees within production systems has several objectives:
• Protecting the plots against the drifts of the surrounding pest control treatments
• Developing functional and wild biodiversity within crops,
• Increasing profitability of agricultural land
• Protecting animals, crops and equipment
• But also: better control of water resources, soil conservation, microclimatic regulation, landscape enhancement, diversification of incomes, and so many benefits to achieve optimal productivity that respects the environment.
After 2 months nearly 9,000 bags have been saved and 12 trees can already be planted with local producers!